Buy now, pay later with Shop Pay
When you choose Shop Pay at checkout, you can split your purchase into 4 equal, 0% interest installment payments - with no additional, hidden, or late fees.*
How it works
- Add items to your cart (or shopping bag).
- Check out with Shop Pay.
- Choose to pay in 4 installments.
Your first payment is either due at checkout or 2 weeks after your purchase. The next 3 remaining installments are automatically charged to your card saved on Shop Pay every 2 weeks. Don't worry, you'll get an email reminder before each payment to remind you.
Are there late fees?
No, there are no late fees if you miss a scheduled payment.
What is the option to pay in installments on Shop Pay?
When checking out with Shop Pay, you now have the option to pay now or later. Paying in installments on Shop Pay allows you to split your purchase amount into 4 equal, biweekly installment payments—with 0% interest, no hidden or late fees, and no impact on your credit score.* In some instances, your first payment is due when you make your purchase; otherwise, your first payment is due 2 weeks after your purchase.
What if I make a return on a purchase made through Installments with Shop Pay?
If your refund amount is less than the amount remaining on your Shop Pay Installments balance, then you can expect one or both of the following:
- A smaller payment balance on the final payment
- Less future payments on the remaining loan balance
If your refund amount is more than the amount remaining on your Shop Pay Installments balance, then you can expect to receive the difference as a refund to your original debit card or credit card payment method within 3 to 10 business days.
Which payment methods are accepted if I use the option to pay Installments on Shop Pay?
The installments option on Shop Pay is available on debit and credit cards.
Have more questions?
- For questions about installment payments on Shop Pay, visit shop.affirm.com/help.
- For questions about Shop Pay or the Shop App, visit shop.app/help/shop-pay.
*Payment options are offered by Affirm and are subject to eligibility check and might not be available in all states. California residents: Affirm Loan Services, LLC is licensed by the Department of Business Oversight. Loans are made or arranged pursuant to California Financing Law license.
Pay with installments when you check out
To pay with Shop Pay Installments:
- Fill your cart, then choose Shop Pay Installments at checkout.
- Choose the installments option as your payment method.
- Choose a debit or credit card to use for payment, then tap Continue.
- Follow the steps to verify your identity—this usually takes just a few moments.
- If you agree to the terms, click Agree, then tap Authorize purchase.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code that was sent to your phone.
Checkout experience for customers using Shop Pay Installments
- Add items to your cart.
- Check out using Shop Pay.
- In the Payment method section, choose to pay for your order in 4 installments.
- Select a debit or card card to use as your payment method.
- Confirm your billing and shipping information is correct.
Note: Your address needs to be in the United States.
- Click Continue.
- If required, enter the 6-digit code sent by Shop Pay to your phone.
- If you agree to the terms, select the Agree checkbox and then complete your purchase. If you don’t agree to the terms and conditions, then you can’t pay using Shop Pay Installments.
After you select Shop Pay Installments, review your purchase. You’ll be presented with one of the following options:
- Make your fist payment at checkout.
- Make your first payment 2 weeks after the purchase was made.
The 3 remaining payments are automatically charged to your debit or credit card every 2 weeks after the first payment. You’ll get an email reminder before each payment is charged in case you want to change your payment methods.
About Shop Pay Installments
Shop Pay offers you the option to pay in full at checkout, or to split your purchase into 4 equal installment payments. You can't adjust the number of installment payments or the price range available for Shop Pay Installments.
You have the option to pay for orders between $50 and $1,000 USD, including discounts, shipping and taxes, in 4 installments. To use Shop Pay Installments, your shipping address needs to be in the United States.
Fees or penalties
There are no additional charges, interest rates, or late fees. You can pay your balance off early without penalty. However, if you make a partial payment or late payment, then future applications to use Shop Pay Installments might be affected.
Credit scores and eligibility
Your credit scores aren't affected if you use Shop Pay Installments. However, if you don’t pay an installment, or you make a late payment, then your eligibility for making purchases using Shop Pay Installments in the future might be affected.